False ceilings are drop ceilings which mean that they hang from the main ceiling. The panels described above are drop ceiling panels used to create the ceilings that are visible to the people inside a building or room. A stretch ceiling is a variation of the drop ceiling wherein certain types of materials can be used to stretch between two perimeter tracks. Given the types of materials that can be used as ceiling panels, ceilings can be made to come alive with a little imagination and innovation.
False ceilings can be classified primarily based on the type of materials used. Each material offers unique advantages. A combination of materials can offer both functional and aesthetic features.
We provide different kinds of False Ceiling as follows :-
- Gypsum False Ceiling :- Gypsum is a sulfate of calcium available as an evaporite mineral. It is a popular material for false ceilings because of its thermal and sound insulation, lightweight and fire resistance properties. It is also a soft material. Square gypsum boards can be hung from an iron framework to build a false ceiling. Gypsum is available naturally in shades of brown, white, red, yellow and grey. It is also available as a clear or colourless material. The aesthetic looks of gypsum boards can be enhanced by finishing them with laminates and paints. Gypsum boards are also amenable to wallpaper and texture finishes. Gypsum is quite flexible and can easily provide different shape and texture options – plain, curved, stepped and coffered.
- Plaster Of Paris (POP) False Ceiling :- Plaster of Paris (POP) is among the most popular materials used in a variety of commercial as well as residential roofing applications. POP is basically gypsum sans its water content (created by heating gypsum to a temperature when water evaporates) available in powdered form. It hardens when water is added and makes for a good ceiling material. POP is maintenance free and highly durable besides being good insulators of cold and heat. POP false ceilings are amenable to various designs and can gi ..POP is maintenance free and highly durable besides being good insulators of cold and heat. POP false ceilings are amenable to various designs and can give different finishes including uniform and smooth finish as well as designs of various shapes. It is also an excellent material for enhancing light conditions.
- Wooden False Ceiling :- Wooden false ceilings have excellent natural patterns and textures that can please the eye. Wood is a good material to work with. Wooden panels can come in the form of hollow blocks, boards or panels. They are easy to install often with just screws and nails. They are most suitable for cold climates. They are durable but are susceptible to termite attacks and warping. They can be finished in several ways including painting with appropriate shades of colours. Wood panels are among the more expensive panels because of their high cost of material and the higher cost of maintenance. However, if budget isn’t an issue, wood ceiling panels can offer highly pleasing aesthetics giving the ceiling a rich and sophisticated look.
- Acoustic False Ceiling :- Fibre false ceilings are also known as acoustic or soundproofing ceilings for their sound and heat insulation properties which are achieved by mixing natural and synthetic materials such as bitumen, tars, vegetable fibre, wood and stone. Because of the reinforcements, fibre ceiling tiles acquire toughness, hardness and resistance to fire making them highly suitable for commercial applications in noisy places such as shopping malls, retail showrooms and offices. Fibre false ceilings are gaining popularity in commercial applications because they are available at low costs, can be installed easily and offer many functional benefits. However, fibre ceiling panels are not suitable for residential applications because they lack aesthetic appeal.
- Metal False Ceiling :- Metals such as aluminium and galvanized iron are widely used in false ceilings. Metals are hard and durable by their very nature. These ceiling panels can be installed easily and require very little maintenance. They can also be easily removed and reinstalled which makes it ideal to house water pipes, AC ducts and electric wires away from public glare. Metal ceiling panels can be finished in innovative ways to increase the aesthetic appeal of the ceiling.
- Fabric or synthetic leather false ceiling :-
Fabric and synthetic leather false ceilings are more ornamental than functional. They can create a special ambience because they can be created in many intricate designs to match with the rest of the interiors. Since they are functionally weak but aesthetically strong, they are useful in temporary situations such as exhibitions or events.
- Glass False Ceiling :- Being a non-crystalline but transparent material, glass is a good material to work with for improving the aesthetics of a false ceiling. Due to its brittle nature, it has limited uses but the brittleness can be reduced by adding suitable additives. Their transparency can be used effectively to make small spaces look bigger. Glass ceiling panels can be a suitable roofing solution in establishments such as libraries, restaurants, book stores and jewellery shops. Glass is susceptible to design elements such as colouring, laminating and patterning. Besides, glass is a good heat insulator.
- PVC False Ceiling :- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is an ideal plastic material for false ceilings in garages, basements, kitchens, toilets and bathrooms. PVC ceiling panels are a highly cost-effective alternative to other costlier panels. These panels are easy to install and maintain. They are lightweight and resistant to moisture and termites. They do not get affected by UV light and hence are colour fast. They can also be finished in a variety of ways giving flexibility in design.